ABOUT YOUR WARRANTY
Canadian Crate Engines (CCE) welcomes warranty repair and apologizes to you for being inconvenienced. Any Licensed Automotive Repair Facility (LARF) may perform warranty repairs. Most warranty repairs are handled routinely, but sometimes requests for warranty service may not be appropriate. If you differ with the decision of the CCE Warranty Technician and or the LARF, an investigation will be made to determine whether the warranty applies. Ask the LARF to submit all supporting facts to CCE for review. If CCE decides that the claim is justified, you will be fully reimbursed for those items that are defective. To avoid misunderstanding, listed below are some of the causes of engine failure that the warranty does not cover.
Normal Wear: our products, like all mechanical devices, need periodic parts service and replacement to perform correctly. CCE’s warranty will not cover repair when normal use has exhausted the life of a part of our product. CCE’s warranty would not apply if damage to the product has occurred because of misuse, lack of routine maintenance, shipping, handling, warehousing or improper installation. Similarly, our warranty is void if the serial number of the product has been removed or the product has been altered or modified.
Improper Maintenance: The life of a mechanical device depends upon the conditions under which it operates, and the care it receives. Wear, when caused by dirt, dust, spark plug cleaning grit, or other abrasive material that has entered the engine because of improper maintenance, is not covered by warranty.
Your CCE warranty begins when you receive your engine. The warranty period is one year from this date, and includes unlimited hours. Please inspect your engine upon receipt and contact us immediately if there has been any damage in transit. Please note that this warranty is not transferable.
This warranty covers product-related to defective material and/or workmanship only, and not replacement or refund of the equipment to which the product may be installed. CCE shall not be responsible for lost profits, sales or income, injury to person or property, towing charges, storage fees, telephone calls, freight, substitute transportation, lodging, unauthorized repairs. Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy against CCE for breach of contract, warranty or performance shall be for the repair or replacement as set forth above.
CCE’s warranty does not extend to repairs required because of:
- Problems caused by parts that are not supplied by CCE.
- Damage as a result of Overheating, Lack of Lubrication, Fuel Wash or Contamination.
- Damage resulting from Pre-Ignition or Detonation including but not limited to melted or broken piston, broken piston rings, damaged cylinder heads, leaking head gaskets, etc. For more information regarding pre-ignition and detonation please contact us directly.
- Repair or replacement required as a result of any accident or misuse.
- Repair or replacement of any accessory or service item, including specifically but not limited to: all components of the cooling, fuel, electrical and ignition systems in addition to all belts, hoses and filters.
- Any product used for competition, racing or related purposes.
- Any product to which a device or accessory not conforming to original manufacturer’s specifications has been installed.
- Damage as a result of electrolysis, including but not limited to, deterioration of engine components as a result of excessive electrical current (corroded freeze plugs, head gaskets, cylinder heads or blocks).
- Improperly maintained or incorrect coolant, and/or any product on which periodic maintenance services required by the original manufacturer have not been performed.
- Crankshaft Thrust Surface worn due to excessive forward pressure placed on the rear of the crankshaft.
- Damage resulting from improper repair(s) or attempted repair(s) by any service technician.
- Leaking carburetors, clogged fuel pipes, sticking valves, or other damage, caused by using contaminated or stale fuel.
- Parts which are scored or broken because an engine was operated with insufficient or contaminated lubricating oil or an incorrect grade of lubricating oil (check and refill when necessary, and change at recommended intervals). Engine damage may occur if oil level is not properly maintained.
- Damage as a result of improper or damaged propeller, growth on hull, lugging or overloading.
- Oil leaks 90 days after receiving the engine.
- Engine or equipment parts broken by excessive vibration caused by a loose engine mounting, improper attachment of equipment to engine crankshaft or other abuse in operation.
- Lack of routine tune-up or adjustment of the engine.
- Engine or engine component failure, i.e., combustion chamber, valves, valve seats, valve guides or burned starter motor windings, caused by the use of alternate fuels such as, liquefied petroleum, natural gas, altered gasolines, etc.
- Products used in manner that violates the terms of the CCE Owners Manual or is used for purposes other than their original intended use.
CCE at its option will repair or replace a product once it determines that the product is defective. For a product to be determined defective it must be sent to CCE for inspection. CCE will schedule the pickup of the product and pay for its transportation. Any products that are not returned to CCE for inspection will not be covered by this warranty. All repairs and/or replacements to the products must first be authorized by CCE before the repair/replacement takes place. CCE will not pay for any unauthorized repairs. Products sent to CCE for inspection that are deemed not covered by warranty will be held in storage for a period of 7 days. After 7 days, product will be disposed of by CCE. (effective Jan 1, 2019)
Any product replaced under warranty carry the remainder of the original product’s warranty term.
LABOR PAYMENTS ON APPROVED CLAIMS
Authorized repairs will be reimbursed at a rate not to exceed the Mitchell Repair Manual published applicable flat rate schedule ($80 per hour). Hourly rates for all authorized repairs will be paid in accordance with rate paid for the original installation but not to exceed the hourly rates set forth above for your product. Do-it yourself repairs and repairs performed by unlicensed repair facilities will not be reimbursed. Coverage excludes labor for removal of accessories not specific to the original manufacturer’s chassis.
PAYMENTS FOR WARRANTABLE PARTS
Covered parts on approved claims will be reimbursed at the purchase price. Proof of Purchase will be required. A 20% deduction will be incurred without the original parts bill.
INSTALLATION, BREAK-IN PROCEDURES AND MAINTENANCE
CCE Stock Replacement Engines are designed to provide years of trouble-free service. In order for your CCE remanufactured product to perform as expected, it must be installed correctly, operated responsibly and properly maintained.
ENGINES AND CYLINDER HEADS
Once the product has been installed, it is your responsibility to break-in the product properly. After the break-in period and 5hr checkup, you must maintain the product to the original manufacturer’s specifications. If you are unsure of the maintenance schedule or have any questions regarding your CCE cylinder head or engine please call CCE’s customer service department at 866-440-3850.
When applicable, valves must be readjusted to your vehicle’s manufacturer’s specifications. Refer to the factory shop manual, or call CCE’s customer service for the proper procedure for your engine type.
Your CCE remanufactured engine requires special care during its initial “break-in” period. To ensure your engines long life expectancy and proper engine performance, please follow these procedures during the first 5 hours of operation.
Do not drive for long periods at any single speed, always vary your speed and RPM.
Avoid prolonged idling.
Check the engine oil and coolant levels daily.
Please refer to installation guide for complete break-in procedure.
Check fuel and ignition settings.
Change engine oil and filter.
Adjust Valves (where applicable).
CCE does not recommend using synthetic engine oil until after the first 50hrs of service. Follow your vehicle owner’s manual for service intervals.
INSTALLATION, BREAK-IN PROCEDURES AND MAINTENANCE
Failure to perform these procedures can result in damage to the product that may not be covered under your warranty. Please retain all service records (repair orders, invoices, etc.) related to the CCE’s product maintenance and service. In the event of a product failure you will be required to provide copies of installation invoice and all maintenance records covering the installed product.
If you have any questions in regards to your warranty, maintenance, or anything else concerning your CCE stock replacement engine, please call us at (866) 440-3850.